T5 Speedo Adapter

To: "MGB Newsgroup" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: T5 Speedo Adapter
From: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:36:14 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
With my Rover 3.5 - MGB conversion I have a T5 B/W (13 52 065 914).
My speedometer is a Smiths SN-5230/13   1000
The rear end is, stock, 3.9:1
My tires 185/75/R 14 turn 74 =" per rotation or 850.47 times per mile.
(633360 inch's in a mile)
The tranny came with an electrical sending unit for speedo adapter. It had
white gears.
I managed to get a 21 tooth manual (cable) speedo adapter unit with red
gears (21 teeth).
What I am wondering is if my speedometer will be accurate? I have contacted
the local GM dealer (I am awaiting their return call) as I assume there
would be many different speedo adapter gears available? Can any one offer
any input as to which one I should get?

Thanks

Bruce