Re: stupid question

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>, James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@colorado.edu>
Subject: Re: stupid question
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:25:31 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James,

I hate to contradict Jim as his several hundred
thousand miles compared to my 300 miles on V8's is
hardly any comparison :-)  But I'm using the BOP 215
starter in stock configuration on my V8 conversion.
It is however, very very tight to the frame rails,
around 1/2".  Obviously this will not be enough
depending on the exact location of your engine.  I've
actually had to change it in place.  Possible, but not
a fun job at all.

I ran my first autocross this weekend.  The V8 was a
blast to drive.  It became readily apparent that the
problem was technique and not lack of power.  Engine
pulled strong well past 4k.  Car experienced severe
body roll, so a 3/4" sway bar is on the way as we
speak.  Gotta say, it was the most fun I've ever had
in 2 minutes.  I think this autocrossing is rapidly
going to become my new pastime.

Hope everyone is enjoying their V8's.

Glenn

73/77 MG V8 with cone prints on both fenders :-)