Re: building a 5 liter

To: jimbb88@erols.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: building a 5 liter
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:35:25 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/22/2000 12:14:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimbb88@erols.com writes:

> Use a 1964 Buick 300 with aluminum heads. It is already a 5 liter, works
>  with most of the traditional V8 swap stuff, like motor mounts, oil
>  filter items. It has a modern BOP pattern bell housing to mate with a
>  T-5 or other GM tranny, plus it works with only a small weight penalty.

Jim,

That sounds like a workable solution, since most of the installation details
have already been worked out for the 215. Doesn't that engine use basically
the same tooling as the 215? Any idea of the comparative weight?

I still prefer the Ford, though, for it's smaller size and lighter weight.
Pretty soon, we will have enough Ford powered MGBs on the road so that all
the problems will have been solved and as well documented as the 215.

Who's going to be the first to use the Cadillac Northstar engine?

Dan Masters
Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm