Re: Dip stick, headers

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Dip stick, headers
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 02:24:50 -0400
Cc: MG V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry-

Get out the die grinder, or get the tube & stick from a Rover.

>From the round cap on the Buick dip stick to the pointy end is 13-7/8". Pointy
>end
to full mark is 2-13/16", 2 qt mark is 1-3/16", add 1 qt is 2" up. Going from
the
underside of the round cap to the full mark is 11-1/8". Note that the Buick
stick is
1/4" wide, the Rover is narrower to fit into the extension tube.

I have a spare for $150.00 if you want to grab it before I put it on E-bay,
where I
will probably get $200.00 for it.

Jim Stuart

(staying up late to answer Larry's questions)