Re: Fuel Tank

To: Bruce <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:58:03 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I just removed the tank, cut a new hole for the filler, put it back in the new
location with a floor jack to hold it in place, drilled new holes from
underneath. You will use the same captive nuts on the tank. Pretty simple. The
trick is to plan the cutout so the piece that is removed can be rotated 180` &
welded back in place without having to add filler pieces. I only missed by 1/4",
which is not too bad.

Jim Stuart