First drive impressions and a question

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: First drive impressions and a question
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 21:46:44 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well, today was my first official drive, about 35 or 40 miles.  Can ran very
well under power, awesome acceleration, good highway speeds etc.  Sounds
wonderful at a stop light with the burbling dual 2" exhausts.  For a brief
rundown of what I'm running, Olds Block, Olds Pistons, Buick Heads, RV8
headers, Crane Cam, Edelbrock Carb, T5 V6 trannie, Camaro clutch, Weber HTOB,
and stock rear end.  77 B body, 73 front end, lowered rear, 73 interior,
chrome bumpers.   I could easily see where better tires than the old things
that have been on her for a long time, may be an upcoming purchase.  I don't
see these ones lasting long :-)  I blew by a redneck in his jacked up 4x4 at
a stop light.  I think I'm really going to enjoy this.  Many thanks to all
those who have helped with either parts or answers or to the majority of you,
both.  The total cost was just at 3 grand.  Hmm....much more than I thought 8
months ago.

One quick question.  I drove about 12 miles to a friends house.  After the
car sat about 15 minutes it wouldn't restart.  Engine turned over very
slowly.  After three or four minutes of cranking, it reluctantly started, ran
fine after starting.  Same thing happened when I made it back home tonight.
Parked car in driveway, and never could get it to start.  Engine turns over
very slowly, slower than when I first started it this evening.  It cranked up
almost immediately when first started tonight.  Any thoughts / suggestions?

With a big goofy smile tonight,

Glenn

Ps.  On a completely separate issue, do any of you live in the Rochester, NY
area?  I've been offered a job there, and have a few general questions.