Buick 300 Water Pump Pulley?

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Buick 300 Water Pump Pulley?
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 19:34:07 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I went to the local auto parts place today (I finally discovered one that
didn't give me the look, when I say 61-63), and they had a Buick 300 water
pump rebuild for 17 bucks, so I thought that was quite the bargain.  They
also had rebuilt 215's for 20 dollars, in the AC and nonAC variety. I may go
purchase one just to have a spare.

By now most of you know me well enough to answer the question before I even
ask.  The 215 pulley obviously won't work as it is much too deep.  The
measurement I get is 1.25" from the face of the pulley mount to the center of
the crankshaft pulley groove.  I've got a single groove pulley on the
crankshaft.  Anyone know if I have to get a Buick 300 pulley or will a SWP 1
groove chevy work?

Thanks again,

Glenn
The list monapolizer