Re: SD1 Transmission Gear Ratios

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SD1 Transmission Gear Ratios
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:23:00 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Wayne-

The only reference for the Rover I can find indicates gearing as follows: (T-5
for comparison)

Rover                           T-5

1st   3.32                     2.95
2nd   2.09                    1.94
3rd   1.40                     1.34
4th   1.00                     1.00
5th    .83                       .73 or .63

I suspect you will notice little difference except in 1st & 5th, & then not
enough to bother you.

Jim Stuart