T5 shifter question

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: T5 shifter question
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:40:33 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sorry for the constant barrage of questions over the last few days, but I
guess that is what the list is for.  Maybe I'll eventually be able to
contribute something useful as time goes on.

I received my T5 trans from an 86 Camaro yesterday.  It looks to be in pretty
good shape, but I have a few questions.

1.  It did not come with any kind of shifter.  I know that there are after
market performance shifters available for the T5, but I really don't want to
spend the 200 they cost.  Does anyone have a shift assembly for sale?

2.  On the tailshaft side of the trans, all I have is a very short splined
shaft sticking out.  I know this is going to be a  newby question, but isn't
there supposed to be a U Joint yoke attached on this end?  Where would I find
such a part?  Please remember, that the only car I have ever worked on is my
MG, so every non-MG is new ground for me.

3.  How much and what type of fluid should be put in the trans?

Thanks again for all the help.

Glenn