Re: Shipping a T5 Tranny UPS??

To: MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping a T5 Tranny UPS??
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:44:14 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/20/99 6:24:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com writes:

> I'm negotiating to buy a Camaro T5 transmission for my conversion
>  project and I'm wondering if anyone knows if it can be shipped UPS.  I
>  would have the person drain all the fluids, then wrap it well (probably
>  in plastic).  Does anyone know how much a T5 would weigh?

Kevin,

Yes, you can ship a T5 via UPS. The UPS weight limit is at least 100 pounds
(I think it is 150, but I'm not sure). The T5 weighs about 75 pounds, dry.
The bellhousing weighs about 10 pounds. I had a T5 shipped to me via UPS not
too long ago.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/