V8 Woes

To: "susan mason mason" <mason-mason@zebra.net>, "Ron Tugwell" <tugwell@ix.netcom.com>, "Rick Ingram" <Mowog1@aol.com>, "Phil Cooke" <philip@triple-c.com>, <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>, "Kim Tonry" <NAMGBRED@aol.com>, "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>, "Jai Deagan" <JDeagan@aol.com>, "Ian Pender" <eightup@worldnet.att.net>, "Eric Kent" <ekent@remc12.k12.mi.us>, "Drew Hastings" <mowog2@MNSi.Net>, "Don Bridger" <dbridger@bscn.com>, "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>, "D. and Bob Zimmerman" <enmgr@sssnet.com>, "Curtcom Schley" <MGV8NEWS@aol.com>
Subject: V8 Woes
From: "Robin Weatherall" <robmgv8@stlnet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 00:43:32 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Hi everyone,
 played a gig in Omaha the last 3 days. Driving the V8 home today was a
challenge, at least for the last 50 or so miles.
I was cruising along about 90-100mph about 10 miles west of Wentzville, MO,
when I suddenly heard a rhythmic whining sound. a couple of minutes later
there was a loud bang followed by a high pitched sreaming. I discovered the
gear shift was in nuetral but the car still under power. I depressed the
clutch and the car slowed. Obviously not a clutch problem. I pulled over and
tried the gears.  The only gear that would engage was 2nd. I thus drove 50
odd miles home in 2nd gear!
The bottom line is I have a unique ( in the USA) gearbox that is toast, the
only source of parts is Ken Costello, so I guess the V8 is off the road for
a few months.
Now I have to fix the siezed brake caliper on my BGT so I can get to work
tomorrow.
Kim, I promise I will send you the column tomorrow night.

Rob