Re: pilot bearing replacement

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Subject: Re: pilot bearing replacement
From: Jarl&Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:56:43 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Depends on the material,

If it is straight (solid) bronze, a light smear of moly grease will
suffice. If it is "Oilite" (the porous, sintered, type that looks like
it has tiny holes all over) soaking is still important. Those are best
"loaded" by heating them in an oven to about 300 degrees and then
soaking them in warm oil for 24 hours.  Jarl de Boer