START THE CONVERSION

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net (Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: START THE CONVERSION
From: William G Abbott <william.g.abbott#064#boeing.com@mail.mdc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:25:40 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I have been accumulating several years of information for my modification.
I have a 11/74 MGB-GT Olive Drab,  (rubber bumper, twin carbs recessed
steering column u-joint and dimpled inner fender wells).  I'm on my 6th GT
since 1978, I have always kept the cars pure stock.  I have several
questions since I have not used this e-mail service with the V8 title.
Has any one used the MG V8 news letter (from Ohio).  I recently
was awarded a V8 conversion guide from"V8 Conversions"
in Kent England.  It is a very informative book that includes
cut lines and recommendations.  Has anyone used Glen
Towery's guide from DE with success?  If anyone has had
short or long problems with their conversions, please fill me in.
I can't wait until 2004 when the car turns 30 and is smog
exempt for California.  I plan to attend the 15 annual
British car meet Sunday October 11, 1998.  I hope
to see some completed V8's.  BILL