Morgan rental in the UK

To: "mgv-8" <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Morgan rental in the UK
From: "Richard B. Porter" <rporter@in-motion.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 20:20:23 -0500
Cc: "list morgan" <morgan@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Those who are considering a trip to the UK might be interested in doing what
I did this summer. I have several MGs and a TR6 but always wanted to try a
Morgan. Instead of  a regular rental car for my trip to England I rented a
Morgan from Wykehams 6 Kendrick Place, Reece Mews, South Kensington, London
SW7 3HF phone 071-589-6894 Fax is 071-589-8886 and they probably take e-mail
by now. I wanted a green car but you have to take what they have so I rented
a new white 4 cylinder 5 speed  with red interior and wire wheels. V-8 is
also available but I could not justify the expense-the one I got cost about
$900 for the week. I was in England for the MG Car Club meet at Silverstone
and could have rented a new MGF for the same price but after driving this
car I know I made the right choice. There is nothing like going up the M1
top down at 100 mph or going through the little villages in first gear. They
take Masrtercard but the only concern for me was the insurance. They were
vague about the terms
would not send me a copy  of the policy before I arrived and the deductable
was $1000. Made me the most careful driver in England. The place is easy to
get to from Heathrow, just take the tube to S. Kensington station and walk
no more than two blocks.
Dick Porter
rporter@in-motion.net