Re: [Mg-t] a couple of questions

To: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>, "mg-t@autox.team.net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] a couple of questions
From: Scott Fisher <sfisher71@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 16:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
Rick,

My idle-moment reading material of late has been "Original MG T Series"
by Anders Ditlev Clausager. I thought I remembered reading something about the
dipstick cover, and sure enough, on page 81, the book says:

"However, the
gearbox tunnel was now carpeted (over a steel pressing) and the exposed carpet
edges behind the gearlever, over the handbrake bracket, were bound in Rexine.
There was a small plug with carpet cover, giving access to the gearbox
dipstick."

So the official BMIHT historian says it should be carpeted.

did learn that my '51 TD is slightly unusual in its color scheme -- as
Clausager says:

"Some TDs finished in Almond Green had metallic paint on the
body and matching solid green paint on the wings and valances (as had been the
case with the pre-war Metallic Grey colour on the TA andf TB models)." -p.
100. That's the way mine is now, and now I have indication that it came from
Abingdon that way. (I'm pretty certain, for instance, that the white paint
under the fenders is NOT original... but it's kind of charming.)

Best,
--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, OR