Re: [Mg-t] The TD Is Revived...

To: Scott Fisher <sfisher71@yahoo.com>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] The TD Is Revived...
From: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 18:17:08 -0500
Scott, its time to check your car's compression.  Warm it up then pull
all plugs.  Remove the distributor cap or just remove the rotor.  Open
the throttle 100% and block it open.  Spin the engine on the starter
for about 4-5 revolutions with a compression gauge held into each plug
hole in turn, and record the pressures.  Gauge available at Harbor
Freight quite inexpensively.  After making the 'dry' measurements, add
about 1 teaspoon of motor oil into each cylinder, through the plug
holes, and make the 'wet' measurements, again recording the pressures.
 THEN, post the results here please.

-rick
PS: Remember, "Diagnose BEFORE surgery."