[Mg-t] MG TD Barn find

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mg-t] MG TD Barn find
From: Lawrie <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:56:38 -0800
Fellow listers,

While checking on an MGB for sale recently, I came across a 1951 MG TD
which had been sitting for many years under a lean-to shelter behind the
house. After much difficulty I managed to get it into the daylight and
found a remarkably good car which is missing its engine. Apparently, the
story goes, the engine was sent away to be rebuilt and then the shop
went out of business and the engine was never recovered. So, I now have
available a TD with what appears to be a good body and doors,
exceptionally good fenders, undamaged and with virtually no surface
rust, complete hood assembly, perfectly straight front and rear
valances, running, boards, excellent radiator shell and radiator, good
windshield and original instruments in apparently very good condition.
Based on Moss's prices for new fenders and the unavailability of decent
radiator shells or early instruments, I'm hoping someone somewhere is
interested in taking this car off my hands for a sensible price as
either a car to part out or - preferably - to restore if they can find
an engine for it.

I also have the original carburetors and complete air cleaner assembly,
starter, generator, original transmission and other miscellaneous parts
which I will sell separately or as part of the package. If you have an
interest, please contact me off-line.

Oh, by the way, there was also a Judson supercharger for an MGA in the
stuff that came with the car. Sensible offers for that, too, will be
accepted, before I put it on e-Bay.

Lawrie Alexander

Mg-t@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html