Re: [Mg-t] Accessory "trouble light"

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Accessory "trouble light"
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 08:54:07 -0400
You could also check with any of the guys that sell original British car
tools that came with the cars when new.  I know of a couple, one of
which I'd have to find his name; the other is called Liverpool Motor
Works owned by Jerry LaBant in Liverpool, PA.  Jerry specializes in the
factory supplied "accessories" like this and also period after market
accessories and automobilia. http://www.liverpoolmotorworks.com/
Charlie

Eugene D Abbondelo wrote:
> Lawrie:
>
> Our cousins seem to call them "Inspection lamps" or "Inspection lights"  A
> quick search on UK Ebay under classic car parts shows 5 for sale, but I didn't
> look at each description to see if it fits your needs.
>
> Gregory's autoparts in the UK (http://www.gregorysautoparts.co.uk) also has
> them for sale. Search under "Inspection lamps"
> I've purchased a number of items from them for my 1935 Singer LeMans and they
> are very good, as is Paul Becks.
>
> Gene

> Hi, folks,
>
> I have a customer looking for one of those accessory lamps that plug into
> the red/black dash sockets on a T-series MG. He wants one of the brown ones
> with the wire that coils inside the body and the hook to hang it up under
> the bonnet.
>
> His search via the 'net is stymied by his not knowing if it has a real name
> (searching for "accessory auto lamps" takes him to all sorts of quite wrong
> lamps!), and he has no idea what he should pay if he does manage to find one
> of the correct lamps.
>
> Any help or insight would be appreciated.
>
> Lawrie Alexander
> Mg-t@autox.team.net
>
> Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Archives at http://www.team.net/archive

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]