Re: [Mg-t] AMP METER

To: KRISLYNCO.LLC@roadrunner.com
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] AMP METER
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:56:34 -0500
Hi Rocky,
   How nice to have an engine that is oil-free on the outside. Watch out
for rust.
   The front seal I purchased from Moss worked fine first time in, w/o
the speedy sleeve or any thing else done to the pulley. Whatever the
cause, it's good to have the leak ended.
    The ammeter should jiggle a bit as the regulator's points snap open
and closed to regulate the current, but it's just a jiggle, a small
amount.  I have seen major spikes of the needle when the ground wire from
gearbox to chassis was loose.  I tested it by rigging another ground from
a bolt on the engine somewhere to chassis. That resolved the spiking, and
confirmed the ground at gearbox to be at fault.
Bob