Re: [Mg-t] Hesitation/damper oil

To: peter-thiel@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Hesitation/damper oil
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 10:40:09 -0500
An interesting side note to the choice of oil for carb dampers is that
John Twist recommends 80/90 wt. gear oil for this purpose.  I've had
good luck with 3 in 1 oil, which I started using when driving a Volvo
122S (HS6 carbs) for an everyday car.
Engine oil was too thick in the cold winter temperatures and ATF was too
thin in the summer.  Since most of our carbs are old and have some wear
and are driven in the warm weather only, John's reasoning was that the
gear oil would work well.
Charlie