More ignition Warning Light

To: "mg-t net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: More ignition Warning Light
From: "Gene Fodor" <crownwhl@sover.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 15:39:29 -0400
Listers ... an update ... after checking the suggestions from Lew Palmer and
looking at Bud's great "T" site (including a refresher on Ohm's Law), the
problem appears to boil down to the socket. The voltages or lack thereof at
the regulator is just at Lew suggested.

As I don't know what the socket assy. should look like, what I found in
opening it up was a center pin seated on a spring that would touch the bulb's
center pin, around the inside of the socket there is what looks like a large
spring that, when the bulb is pushed in place, must surround the bayonet case
of the bulb. Then there is the hard metal case outside the spring with a slit,
that looks to be a keyway in it.  However, the bulb is a bayonet base the
keyway is too far from it to be attached to.

So, if indeed the holder is the problem, how do you get it out of the panel?
Once the cover and lens are removed, there is a black material that doesn't
give to allow the sock assy. to be moved in or out.  My guess is that black
material is a proctors for the panel and comes off and the socket assy. is
pushed in.

Any additional suggestions?

Thanks for all you help.

Cheers