Re: Mystery Pin

To: Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mystery Pin
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:15:29 -0700 (PDT)
Maybe I am wrong but I have always summed up rear main leaks as "oil is cheap"

  When you need to do something requiring pulling the lump deal with it then
(so long as it is not affecting clutch action).
  Carl

Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com> wrote:
  Wow, took a whole 5 minutes to get a response :-)

Thanks Carl and Ron. So, if I understand it correctly, it's actually
supposed to leak from that spot and the pin vibrating keeps the hole
clear so stuff can leak out.

So, I guess the question is how much leakage is acceptable.

What brought this up was that I thought I noticed the size of my drip
spots increasing and I've been trying to determine whether I have a
problem or not. Obviously owning a TD I've come to accept a certain
amount of spotting but if something is becoming a problem I'd like to
catch it before something really bad happens.

Nels Anderson
1953 MG TD #28177