Re: Fwd: MG Car Club T Register: Now Online!-Production Records

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: MG Car Club T Register: Now Online!-Production Records
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:23:25 -0500
All:

The forwarded message or the web site states that the "Production
Records" are for the TA, TB, TC, and TF. Also this message came from a
TA-TC BBS, so they might have not mentioned the TF is available. But I
checked for a hypothetical TF1255 and it's record showed up.

In all likelihood the TD will be done. Remember that all of these other
series were much smaller production runs. My guess is they didn't want
to put a half transcribed series on line to avoid confusion, so they
started with the smallest production T-type and went from there. My
references state there were 3003 TAs, 379 TBs, 10,000 TCs, 29,664 TDs,
and 9,600 TFs. Additionally most of the TA-TC series were home market
(Only the TC had about 2000 designated as export), whilst most of the
TDs were export as were a majority of the TFs. So where were these
English MGCC volunteers going to start?

IF, that's a BIG IF, the car was registered by a member of the MGCC
sometime, it will be found in the "Register"
http://www.tregister.org/register/.  That is IF it was registered
sometime with the MGCC. My TD25559 shows up as at one time I was a
member of the MGCC and registered it and my twin cam. After checking for
TD25559, I updated the information as the engine number is wrong (It's
still wrong yet. Probably a treanscription error as the number is 25939
NOT 25934.) and submitted a picture (It shows). You can do this by using
the boxes above the record after doing the search.

If your TD is a MkII, I would still try just TDxxxxx. But remember, it
must have been REGISTERED at some time with the MGCC or maybe
http://www.niagarabritishcarclub.org/mgtnumbers/numbers.html  The
registered section is for just those KNOWN to exist because someone
REGISTERED the car with MGCC or maybe one of the other ENGLISH or maybe
EUROPEAN registries. Remember, this is an ENGLISH organization and quite
often doesn't have much to do with the NORTH AMERICAN scene.

IF your car isn't KNOWN or REGISTERED to the MGCC, you can do it if
desired at http://www.tregister.org/register/.

Here's a copy of another message from the TABC Yahoo Groups concerning
this.

Regards,
Blake J. Urban
NAMGAR volunteer