Sorting out the Varitone

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sorting out the Varitone
From: John Gunnell <John.Gunnell@FWPubs.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:30:01 -0500
Hi Mates

I am getting my MG ZB sorted out. I have determined the car is a 1957 ZB.
The state is correcting the title. In the meantime, I'm tinkering. The old
wiring does not look very good.

Does anyone know anything about the wiring harness?

British Wiring of Olympis Fields, Ill. sells a harness for the 1957-1958 ZB,
but their listing has a note that says "25652 on."

My car has a lower number which is about 22702 (I don't have it here, but I
know it's this number or very close).

www.magnette.org has a list of important production changes to Magnettes.
There is no indication of any important change to the wirining or
electricals.

Does anyone know if the harness they sell will work OK on a ZB Magnette with
a number earlier than 25652?

John Gunnell
Automotive Books Editor
F + W Publications