Re: earth strap location

To: Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz
Subject: Re: earth strap location
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:03:17 -0500
Douglas,
    Facing the flywheel end of the engine/gearbox assembly,  it fastens
to one of  the bell housing bolts on the left side of vertical center
line. Memory says that it's the one at approx 11 o'clock, but I believe
the cable will fit on the next lower bolt too, the on at 10 o'clock.
The strap belongs on the one that is more difficult to access when you
realise you installed the engine w/o putting the earth strap on first.
There is a connection on the chassis that is convenient to the end of the
cable--can't recall where it is but that connection is obvious once the
strap is placed on the engine.
Bob