Re: Brake Fluid - DOT 3+4 vs Synthetic

To: chall000@sympatico.ca, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid - DOT 3+4 vs Synthetic
From: Herald1200@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:27:12 EST
In a message dated 12/14/2005 9:41:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
chall000@sympatico.ca writes:

Now for  my question..... How can I tell if the car that I bought is on
synthetic or  not? Does it smell or taste differently?

==AM==
Easiest way I can think of is to dribble a bit on some not-at-risk  surface
and try to flush it away with water. Alternatively, dribble some more  on some
not-at-risk painted surface and see what it does to the paint.  Synthetics
shouldn't mix with water nor eat away the paint.

--Andy Mace