Re: Rear fender fitting and ignition light

To: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Rear fender fitting and ignition light
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:04:37 -0800
Bill,

Regarding the rear fenders, there is a spacer that needs to go between
the inside edge of the fender and the frame bracket that it attaches
to.  Those spacers were missing from our TD when I put it together
(probably lost during the 5 years it was apart) and I had to build it up
with washers to make everything fit correctly.  This may be the problem
you are having.

As for you ignition light vs generator, it sounds like your regulator is
either wired up incorrectly or it is defective.  I don't have a wiring
diagram with me at the moment, but will check out your reported wiring
as soon as I get a chance.  In the mean time, I am hoping that Bob
Jefferts is reading this, as he is the regulator expert and can perhaps
send you some profound insite into the problem.  By the way, Bob builds
solid state replacements for the regulators in our cars that he places
into the original housing and calibrates for the generator used so that,
not will everything work correctly, but it will limit the current to a
safe level for the generator.

Good luck,
Dave