Anyone ever see this?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Anyone ever see this?
From: Scott Allen <sallen6363@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:16:44 -0500
Hi,

A few days after getting my TD back on the road I noticed that the oil
filter was leaking. I figured that the seal had been improperly installed,
(I didn't do it myself) so on Friday I replaced it. I did all the things I
was supposed to: made sure there was no old seal in it, oiled and seated the
new one in the groove, turned the case while I was seating the bolt... and
tightened the bolt as much as it'd go.

Yesterday it started leaking again, and after #$%^@% a bit, I decided to
take it apart again.

The bolt was loose.

So, I'm ^%$%^ sure I tightened it. I mean. I leaned into that #$%^^, so I'm
wondering if anyone has seen this happen before, the oil filter bolt
loosening up I mean...

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen

52 TD