TD Front Fenders and Shocks

To: "MG T" <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TD Front Fenders and Shocks
From: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:39:04 -0400
I am in the process of restoring a '53 TD. The tub was shot and I was lucky
enough to find a 1950 tub that was restored in 1964 and stored ever since.
With the tub came matching fenders, hood and rear panel below the gas tank,
all in 40-year-old paint that is in perfect condition.

My question: My chassis is already restored and is fitted with the later
Armstrong shocks. The new fenders I have do not have the flat area to
accomodate Armstrong shocks. Can anyone tell me how big an issue this might
be? Do the later fenders just provide EXTRA clearance for the Armstrong
shocks, or will I definitely get damaged fenders if I fit them? I have the
correct fenders, but they would have to be blasted and painted.  I suppose
that I could switch to Girling shocks, but I just had the Armstrongs rebuilt.
Anyone want to trade shocks?

Thanks for your input in advance.

Bill Snyder
Waynesville, NC