Water Pump?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Water Pump?
From: "Mike Eldred" <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:06:34 -0400
Hello all,
Fired up the TF this morning to go to work.  The generator light stayed
bright, even when I revved the engine a bit, althought the amp gage
indicated in the positive.

I lifted the hood to discover the front end of the engine to be soaked with
coolant.  It appeared to be pouring out from under the water pump.  It
doesn't appear there's any leakage from the hose attatched to the pump.

I "assume" (and yes, I'm aware of the danger there) the water pump seals are
shot.  How hard is it to rebuild a pump?  Better to get a reconditioned one
and trade the core?

Any ideas why the generator light wouldn't go out?  (My first guess was that
the belt was slipping because of the slippery coolant - but that doesn't
explain the positive amp gage reading....)

At least this happend at home

Thanks!

-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT