Door Hinge Problem

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Door Hinge Problem
From: Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:28:03 -0400
Ever since I got my TD almost two years ago the passenger side door has
sagged and been hard to latch. I finally decided to take a close look at
the problem.

What I found is that one of the hinges has a lot of slop in it. I
removed the hinge pin and it came out very easily, versus the pin in the
other hinge that had to be tapped out with a hammer. I swapped pins
between the two hinges and it's clear that one of the pins is too small.

I could just buy a new hinge from Moss but they want $45 and all I
really need is the pin, not the entire hinge. Are they available
separately anywhere? Any other ideas on how to tighten it up?

Nels Anderson
1953 MGTD 28177