Re: The Register

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Register
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:07:12 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/2004 6:16:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
budkrueger@earthlink.net writes:

> In the course of this thread I've received an email from Hank Rippert
> that, I think, shows the cause of the beginning of this thread.

No doubt there are many dedicated individuals who make NEMGTR run, and as I
said earlier, I loved TSO, it's tech tips, and the various other publications.
I know what it takes to be a volunteer and give of one's own time.  I
currently am heavily involved in Scouting as an Assistant Scoutmaster, and
spent 4
years as the Cubmaster for the local Pack.  Between coaching 2 soccer teams,
and
a little league team, I completely understand the personal sacrifice that
goes into running a volunteer organization.  Once, the kids are grown (still
have
a few years to go) then I fully intend to get more involved in club
activities.  But for now, I am limited to enjoying my car clubs from the user's
perspective.

And lest anyone think I'm ripping Hank Rippert, I am not.  I'm voiceing
frustration over trying, for the better part of year, to straighten out my dues
situation, to no avail.  When I renewed in 2002 (and paid the 3 years) I
noticed
the label on my TSO said the expiration was  9/2003.  In October of 2002, I
sent off my first e-mail to the Registrar, and never heard.  I followed up in
December, and never heard.  When the '03 renewal notice was sent out, (around
July or August) I again e-mailed the Registrar, and this time copied Mr.
Rippert, and included a copy of my cancelled check.  No response.  When the
October
2003 issue of TSO never arrived, I again e-mailed both parties. No response.

As far as getting e-mail addresses wrong, I copied them directly out of TSO,
and know they were correct.

So that is where my frustration lies. Not in not hearing back in 2 months, or
getting slow "service", but in not hearing at all, despite repeated attempts.
 Without the support of NEMGTR's publications, I wouldn't have gotten as far
as I did in my restoration.  And of the many of the members I've met over the
years, I can honestly say that there is not a finer group of fellows (and
ladies).

However, I did finally get to the point where it just wasn't worth the
aggravation anymore.

That's my story, and I'm sticking  to it!

Steve Clarke
Fanwood, NJ
Formerly NEMGTR Member # 11834