Re: Turn Signal Questions

To: Scott Allen <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Questions
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:46:27 -0600
Scott:

On my TD, 25939, produced Feb. 26, 1953, the components were
mounted:

<<<snip>>>
Where does the flasher unit go? I mean, where on the car is
it installed?
<<<snip>>>
The cylindrical can with the tab is in the engine
compartment  It is attached using the upper bolt which holds
the LH horn to the horn bracket.  The terminals are end up
and the unit slants about 45 degrees to the rear.

<<<snip>>>
Continuing on that theme, where is the flasher relay
located?
<<<snip>>>
The relay is in the passenger compartment.  It is attached
vertically to the tool box side slightly to the left of
center if I remember correctly.

The activation switch is mounted to a L bracket which
fastens to the back of the dash.  All you see is the white
lever.  Without going out and meauring it, it is
approximately below the fog lamp switch.  It is definately
not in the middle of the dash.  The location may have
something to do with how much wood is there to screw the
bracket to.

Blake