FW: [mg-tabc] early TC

To: "mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com" <mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: FW: [mg-tabc] early TC
From: David Lodge <wargs@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:43:57 -0700
----------
From: David Lodge <wargs@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:40:10 -0700
To: tom metcalf <mgtom@bright.net>
Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] early TC

Hello Tom,
So you actually have the car in the photos?  Most impressive!
You're dead right, of course.  I saw the dark engine colour and
automatically assumed that it's red.  As for the excavated block, I'll have
to take a trip up to my other shop to check but 2346 seems to ring a bell;
1704 has engine number 2406, so the other one is quite early.  Austin
-Healey green is a sort of cloudy light green, not the dark metallic as
found on Morris Minors etc.  How on earth do you date a TC gearbox?  I've
noticed the numbers/letters stamped on the top edge of the case but assumed
(there I go again!: Copyright Ronald Reagan) that they were merely
sequential.
Regards, David