RE: Synthetic oil

To: "'Bullwinkle'" <yd3@nvc.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Synthetic oil
From: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Hermance@ATK.COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:40:37 -0500
Blake,

Your engine has good oil pressure.  You must not have opened up bearing
tolerances like I did by losing most of your oil because of an improperly
tightened original type oil filter can about 10 years ago.  You may also
have had your oil pump faced off the last time your engine was built up.
The shop that did my engine back 35 years ago said they didn't do the pump -
I don't remember why.  These are the same people who painted my MG block
Ford blue when they were done.  Not many folks thought about MOSS Red in
those days.  Nor did many folks think thousands of these little cars would
still be going strong after 50 years.

Jon