Re: cluster gears

To: Douglas.Ormrod@adis.co.nz, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cluster gears
From: AJChalmers@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:08:52 EDT
I measured two used cluster gears in my pile and found they were both exactly
the same.  Because my digital caliper only goes to 6inches and the fourth
gear end stands somewhat proud I had to fiddle a measurement and came up with
6 1/16 inches.  However, you will need shims anyway to bring the end
clearance to .003 inches (That's my recollection - anyone have a better
clearance out there?).

Too bad your not closer - I would send you one of my gears.  Never heard of
anyone fitting a replacement gear on a shaft.

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list
///