Re: Still more TD side curtain advice needed

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Still more TD side curtain advice needed
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:46:24 -0600
Bob:

If the rivets are hollow, or tubular, rivets, I've used the
following proceedure.  Hollow copper rivets a shaped like an
empty .22 casing.

1)  Assemble curtain and rivet arranging so the rivet passes from
the outside to the inside.

2)  Place the head of the rivet over something solid such as the
end grain of a block of wood.

3)  Using a center punch, spread the rivet

4)  Finish flatening the rivet with a large pin punch

You may need someone to press the curtain frame hard against the
block of wood to get a tight fit.  I probably was able to do it
myself using a long reach vice grip.

Blake

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list