Re: 52 TD Brale Problem

To: bobbyv@trilobyte.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 52 TD Brale Problem
From: BJCJ1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:40:05 EDT
I have had a similar problem but mine was caused by a brake pedal adjustment.
 I adjusted the brake pedal to close from the offset bolt.  By adjusting the
brake pedal to much, this cause a very slight pressure being applied to my
brake pads.  Just enough pressure to the brake pads that they would
eventually warm up and start to heat up.  The heat transfered to the brake
fluid, causing the brake fluid to expand as it heated.  The more it heated,
the more the brake pad was applied, the more the pad was applied, the more it
overheated.  Finally, my brake could not be pressed down at all.  It was like
it was locked.  My tires were also locked up, and smoke came from the disc's.

After I let the system cool down, the wheels became unlocked, and the brake
pedal could be pressed down again.

I fixed this problem by backing off on my brake pedal adjustment just a
little bit.  This way, my pads would not ride on the disc;s and then overheat.

Bob J

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list
///