Re: Side Curtain Pocket

To: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Side Curtain Pocket
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:48:07 -0700
David:

The side curtains on my late 3-bow top TD BAIRLY fit into the compartment.  It's
a bit of a tussle to get them into the compartment even following the directions
in the manuals.  Part of my problem may be that I have the curtain's material
slightly high on the frames.  The other may be the lining material I have in the
compartment is a bit thinker than the original.  But it is definately a chore.

I believe that when MG went from the two bow top to the three bow, the
compartment wasn't changed.  The front side curtains look higher on the three
bow, although I haven't physically compared them.

The other problem may be due to how much the curtains curve in when mounted on
the car.  My curtains have a fair amount of side pressure agains the windshield
to keep them from bowing out at speed.  This altered the fit of the curtains in
the compartment in that it makes them harder to insert.

Blake