whats it worth ?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: whats it worth ?
From: streepey <streepey@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:47:13 -0700
Thought I would throw out a queastion to the list.

My MG is a 1953 MG - TD number 25768EXLNA.  I've owned it since 1972.  The
car is in exellent condition.  It is essentially original other than paint
color and interior.  The car is painted a 1965 Mustang color - "poppy red"
and has matching interior in an orange/black plaid.  It's friends on the
west coast affectionately call it the "Pumpkin".

I need to renew my insurange coverage.  I live in the Northern Foothills of
California - The only T series I've seen advertised in The Sacto Bee in the
last year was a TF at $ 20,000.

The Pumpkin is a CA car - No rust, No rot.  It's been well maintained; had
the carbs rebuilt last year.  We've driven it EVEREYWHERE - been to Canada
and back, Souther CA, , back and forth over the Sierra Nevadas.

Absolutely NOT, I repeat NOT a show var, just a very clean, reliable
driver.  It has won a couple of popular votes in class ( very small class).
Entered it for judging in a local Concours a couple of years ago - hoped to
get 70 points - only got 64 (shucks !!!).

The car is NOT for sale - If I get so old I can't maintain it and drive it,
it might be for sale - but I'm ONLY 73 !!!.

My question is :  What's it worth and what should I insure it for ???  All
opinion will be appreciated

Lee
The Pumpkin 1953 MG TD