Re: TF Valve Cover Color

To: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: TF Valve Cover Color
From: "david.tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 22:14:12 +0100
Hi Lawrie, Yes you could be correct in what you say. My own experience with
TD/TFs goes back only 10 years and the comments I made re.rocker cover
colour were quoted directly from Clausagers " Original MG T Series ".
However most DIY restorers that I know of here in the UK use this principal.

To draw on your experience, I am just at the rolling chassis stage of a TF
restoration and am assembling the starter motor to the block, and with the
two attaching bolts there is a bracket attached to one of them which is
obviously a spring attachment. Am I correct in assuming that this is to
attach the Throttle return spring to ?. My TD does not have this bracket and
the spring return is hooked to the starter motor brush access cover!!.

Thanks

David Tinker