Re: [mg-tabc]Re; TB lights

To: Ray McCrary <spook01@home.com>
Subject: Re: [mg-tabc]Re; TB lights
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 20:20:00 -0700
Now Dynamo and charge rates

Ray:

That's what I meant when I said I had to reduce the charge rate.
Before setting out on the trip, I set the regulator, new when I
rebuilt the car,  as given in the shop manual using a digital VOM
meter.  I had reset the regulator several years before to help
keep a weak battery up.  When set as specified, the battery kept
boiling out the water along with some of the acid as spray. I
reduced the voltage setting from the recommended 15.8-16.4 volts
to keep the battery from loosing water.  I think it is now set at
about 13.5 volts as we reduced it twice.  The change I believe is
necessary because of the change in construction to low
maintainence batteries being made for new cars and their more
accurate electronic voltage regulators.