Re: Fuel Pump Back-up

To: amoyce@pol.net, spook01@home.com, mg-t@autox.team.net, mg-tabc@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Back-up
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 23:24:39 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/00 6:17:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, amoyce@pol.net
writes:

<<
 2) Since others have found that fuel will freely pass through a
 non-energized SU,  I could mount it in-line under the car in front of
 the fuel tank with a switch to turn on when needed. >>

Andy, I did it this way on the TA except that I used one of those $25 square
"electronic" pumps.  The TA has two fuel lines feeding forward from the tank
which made it easy.  You can avoid wiring by just connecting the spare to
your tail light.  If the main pump fails, just switch on the side
lamps....since I did this, the SU hasn't missed a beat!!  Scared too I guess.
Terry