Electronic Ignition

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electronic Ignition
From: Stuart Keen <simbafish@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:40:11 -0500
I have just installed a Pertronix Ignitor pointless ignition system in
my 51 MGTD with High Lift distributor cam. The installation was
extremely simple, but I am finding that the car runs rough. I have
adjusted the timing to what I thought was about right, with revs approx
950, but am looking for advice from any one that has experience with
this system. What advance (or retard) angles should I be looking for in
a dynamic condition and at what rpm? The TD manual says you should only
set the timing in a static condition unless you can get the revs down to
700. That's not possible with my TD. It has to be timed in a dynamic
situation; a bulb in static condition will not work since the Pertronix
system works with magnets.

Thanks for any advice

Stu Keen
Venice, Fl