Re: Original TC air cleaner

To: CFritz7001@aol.com
Subject: Re: Original TC air cleaner
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 19:23:42 -0600
Carl,
You might consider getting a set of K&N air filters for your TC.  I have
a set on my '49 and they do seem to perform as advertised. The car does
seem to run better - doesn't seem quite as strained at hiway speeds.
The only problem is that they don't make them for the 1 1/4" SUs.  Mine
were intended for 1 1/2" SUs, but with a 1 1/4" carb gasket they fit
OK.  But then if you are using TF filters you are probably already aware
of the differences.  You might see if  they make elements to fit the TF
air cleaners.

I would leave the TC canister to the show cars.  If  you put one  back
on, you will soon realize why you took it off in the first place.

Regards,
Charles Hill
TC 0857 (With original filter but still under restoration)
TC 7387   (With K&N filters)