Re: 53 TD Conversion to Unleaded Gas

To: <Mailjbrown@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 53 TD Conversion to Unleaded Gas
From: "David Tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:18:13 -0000
Hi John

I agree about the comments made about unleaded conversion, leave it until
the head needs attention. Regarding the cost, I am having my TF head
converted at the moment as part of the restoration,and here in the UK the
cost is £65.00. and this is for putting hardened inserts in the exhaust
seats and putting liners in all of the valve guides( the head was stripped
down before it was taken to the machine shop and I will assemble it ) You
will of course need new exhaust valves ( stellite faced or similar ).

Regards

David Tinker mailto:david.tinker@virgin.net