Re: What's a "worm drive clip" ? Re: rubber bushing rigged to stop TD ge

To: Seawolf@Surfree.com
Subject: Re: What's a "worm drive clip" ? Re: rubber bushing rigged to stop TD gearbox lever rattle
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 08:53:35 -0500

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 13:48:16 -0700 Lone Wolf <Seawolf@Surfree.com>
writes:

>Okay. I give up:
>    What exactly is a "worm drive clip" ??

A little clip powered by an earthworm?  No, actually that's "British" for
a standard hose clamp.  Worm drive distinguishes it from what I think the
British call a "Jubilee" clip.  A Jubilee clip is the type of hose clamp
that basically consists of two wires with a screw for tightening,
original on my MGA (any British out there please correct me if I'm
wrong).  Worm drive is the type of hose clamp that is a band of metal
with angled slots.  It is made tight by turning a captured screw that has
a spiral on its side that turns in the slots.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD