Moss Thermostat & Housing on sale

To: list@mg-tabc.org, T-ABCs_Forever@publi-consult.com
Subject: Moss Thermostat & Housing on sale
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 23:37:31 -0700
Hello to everyone. I thought that I should let you all know that Moss
has remanufactured the thermostat & housing for the TC-TD. Part number
is 434-168. Their regular price is $82.45. The unit is on sale through
July 2, 1999, for $64.95 This one is correct. It is made of cast iron,
the screw thread in the holes for the thermostat elbow are correct
(2BA), it fits perfectly onto the water outlet elbow. The ridge on the
housing still requires that you start the nuts with the housing not
seated onto the water outlet elbow. They even included a ridge at the
top of the housing, for better hose clamp sealing purposes. I don't
think that this was in the origional design; so we do have one
improvement. I do not know what the thermostat temperature operates at,
so I must assume that they selected a compatable temperature.
        New item, master cylinder rebuild kits. Currently, both Abingdon Spares
and Moss Motors are getting their rubber kits from BROVEX. Moss Motors
only gets the rubber parts, and the kit you get comes in a plastic zip
lock pouch. Abingdon Spares sells you a kit, in a box, complete with the
concave (wavy) washer. Also, their price is lower.
So, you can get more for less.
John Seim
TC 6590