Re: TD Radiator Support

To: bkrueger@ici.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD Radiator Support
From: BJCJ1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 22:02:44 EDT
I have a TF that I'm doing a full restoration on, and you know, I had the
same concern when I mounted mine, which way was the front, and which was the
back.  I took pictures, before I took it all apart, but sometimes, I think I
always don't have the one picture I should have taken.

At first, I was looking at the flanges, trying to figure it out.  That just
confused me more, until finally I looked at the hand crank holes in the
flanges...they were different.  On my TF, they are shaped almost the same,
but one is smaller.  Finally, it dawned on me why they were different.  The
hole closest to the engine should be smaller, while the outermost hole,
closest to the bumper should be the larger.  This way, as you feed in the
hand crank, the larger hole helps quide you to the smaller hole, then the
smaller hole, helps guide you to the crank pully.

I'm not the expert, maybe some one else can help more, or even correct me.
But I had to figure out which way on mine, and to do that, had to figure why
they would be different.

Good Luck
Bob Johnson
Freehold, NJ