Stripped bolt holes cont.

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Stripped bolt holes cont.
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 16:32:15 -0400
Hello all,

Thanks all for the advice. I tried to find an 8 x 1.00mm Helicoil today and
there was no place in town that had them. One autoparts store carried
Helicoil but they did not have an 8 x 1.00mm in stock. We looked it up in
the suppliers book and the 8 x 1.00 is no longer listed. They did have an 8
x 1.25mm which is very close. The diameter is the same, the threads are not
as fine.

I took the 8 x 1.25 and I'm sure that it will work. Better than no threads
at all I'm sure.

BTW, the price of the Helicoil kit including the suitable drill bit came to
$40 USD (he threw in the three bolts for free). Prices don't ever go down.

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC